Aberdeen Grammar Rugby seek to recruit an enthusiastic, qualified and ambitious person to join our established team in the role of Senior Men’s Head Coach.
Starting in June 2023, the successful candidate will lead a strong and ambitious coaching team to develop the Aberdeen Grammar Rugby club focussing on the men’s players as we seek to progress back to the top league within the men’s club game.
The Head Coach will have the leading role within the Club’s Development Plan and will liaise with the Director of Rugby in the implementation of this Plan. The successful candidate will also have responsibility to oversee the transition of Youth (U18) players into the senior game targeting a timeframe from Season 2024/25 onwards.
Suitable candidates will demonstrate enthusiasm, drive and commitment, along with the ability to recruit for, motivate, challenge, and develop further the senior men’s playing group. The ability to coach advanced players alongside developing players in a structured safe environment is essential.
• Hold a UKCC Level 3 or SRU Advanced Coaching Award (or equivalent).
• Have and be able to evidence relevant coaching experience in adult rugby.
• Apply detailed knowledge of all core rugby skills, tactics, position specific techniques and match play strategies.
• Commit to planning and orchestrating all training sessions and games throughout the normal rugby season or implement suitable cover from within the senior coaching group.
• Analyse the playing status of the current senior playing group.
• Develop an exciting, ambitious and effective game plan following the period of analysis.
• Select teams for all matches with the senior coaching staff in line with the club selection criteria.
• Liaise with the Specialist Coaching team and Director of Rugby to design and execute specific sessions for players in specialist positions.
• Work with Director of Rugby to implement and support the Club Development Plan.
Additional requirements will be to;
• Ensure that Aberdeen Grammar Rugby is a welcoming and safe environment for all players at all stages of the game.
• Conduct themselves in a professional, safe, and responsible manner while adhering to the club’s core values.
• Plan and prioritise workload.
• Advise and assist with Youth coaching (u13 to u16) as required
• Work with the Strength and Conditioning coaching team to create and implement a robust S&C plan for players ensuring senior players are fit for the demands of modern rugby.
• Work with the Physiotherapy support group regarding player welfare and any individuals return from injury and rehabilitation plans, paying particular attention to any player’s progress through the Concussion GRTP protocol.
• Have the ability to motivate, inspire and encourage all involved to reach their full potential.
• Encourage, monitor and report on individual player development.
• Foster an environment where players’ represent the club at all times in accordance with the club values.
• Coordinate and manage the senior coaching team and support staff.
• Recommend to the Management Committee recruitment as necessary for any support coaches or management staff.
• Be familiar with current SRU Blueprint principles and coaching strategies
• Identify and attend relevant CPD opportunites to enhance their role.
• Liaise with the Director of Rugby on strategies to increase the number of adult males training and playing for Aberdeen Grammar Rugby.
The successful candidate will be fully supported by the Director of Rugby, as well as the Aberdeen Grammar Rugby Management Committee.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
For an informal discussion about this post, please email the Director of Rugby Kevin Burnett at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply: applications should take the form of a CV accompanied by a covering letter outlining your skills and experience in relation to the above. This should be emailed to the Director of Rugby Kevin Burnett at: email@example.com no later than 5pm on Friday 12th May, 2023.